Sunday, February 7, 2010

Is it bad to paint a 1yr old's toe nails?

So she's turning one in 3 days and is it toxic for her to be wearing nail polish?Is it bad to paint a 1yr old's toe nails?
As long as she isn't putting them in her mouth it's fine:) I have been putting nail polish on my daughter since she was 5 months or so(they make non toxic). It's super cute, she has had pink, orange, yellow, lime green, black, white, purple, silver next is blue:) I find it easiest to paint her nails when she is sleeping or in her car seat, she likes to help me blow on them so they dry faster, lol!


http://photos.walmart.com/slideshow/Albu鈥?/a>





This is part of the fun in having a daughter, I think anyways:)





Seriously if you want to paint her toes it's not a big deal! You aren't Bleaching her hair, waxing her eyebrows or painting her face for some pagent.... it's just nail polish... and she won't become a ';transparent slut'; because of it. I'm no cop but I know nail polish isn't a gate way... ummm whatever! LOL She'll be fine:) lol Some people really know how to get worked up and over nail polish, haha.Is it bad to paint a 1yr old's toe nails?
First of all, what is the purpose of painting your kids nails?? Is it for her, or is it really for you?


You really don't need to paint the kids nails. What are you trying to teach her?


I was going to wait to paint my daughters nails until she was old appreciate getting her nails done. I freaked out when the daughter of my daycare decided to paint my 2 year olds nails... BRIGHT RED!! She was way too young to look like a hooker. I got her home and off it came.


I only recently started painting her nails, but it had a purpose. She is just shy of 3. Now, there was a time when my daughter would not let me cut her nails at all. She even started biting them so I wouldn't cut them. Then one day I told her that if she would let me cut her nails, I would put polish on them. I started with doing a design on her big toe. Then, with enough encouragement, she started growing her nails. When I cut her nails I will occasionally polish them either clear or blush. She knows that it's a treat, and enjoys this time with mommy.
Why? So that you can teach her to be a transparent slut when she gets older or is it for you, for the 'cute points' with your friends? Let me tell you something from a cops standpoint- that kid in Colorado...something Jon Bonet Ramsey, the 5 year old model? Yeah, her mom liked to dress her up as a doll, to model so she could exhibit her...she got killed and raped. Look at the pictures....hairspray, nails done, lipstick....and she was 5. Get the idea? Get her some Crayons, some clay and hug her more instead. Kids are kids first, not our playthings to dress up for social points.
If your baby puts their toes in their mouth YES. Nailpolish is toxic and that's not a very good idea to do this this early.





Wait til' your baby is 3. She'll enjoy it much more and you'll enjoy letting her paint your toes too.
It's fine. I work at a daycare and am a mom of 2 kids and I've seen it on one year olds all the time. It will be fine, but buy a child friendly non toxic polish should her tootsies go to her mouth.:-)
Why would you anyway? Nail polish is a cosmetic. Cosmetics are used to make one more attractive to the opposite sex. I don't wanna think about it.....just don't do it.
The first time I painted my 2 yr olds toenails she was around 1 yr old. As long as your daughter doesn't put her feet in her mouth, it should be fine. But if she is at that stage of sucking on her toes, I wouldn't!
I wouldn't. At one,they tend to stick everything in their mouth,some even their toe's. Not to mention,even for myself,the fumes are harsh!
Just a little pointless. Babies like to suck on their toes once in a while and the nail polish might chip off in the baby's mouth.
Buy her some nail stickers - those with stars and stuff. It'll stick to the nail and even if she's reaching to them, it won't be toxic or anything.
As long as she does not put her toes in her mouth. If she does not than it's no harm.

No comments:

Post a Comment